Role: Marketing and Communications Manager
Reports to: General Secretary
The Bible Society of Kenya (BSK) is a non-denominational organization that was registered in 1970 under the Societies Act with the aim of holistic transformation of people’s lives through the sharing the good news of Jesus Christ by translating, producing ,distributing and encouraging the use of the Holy Scriptures.
The Society serves all Christian Churches, Church organizations and individuals through several programmes which include; Translation, distribution, Faith comes by hearing, HIV/AIDS, Youth and children outreach, Braille Scriptures, Church relations, and outreach to marginalize communities.
Role and responsibilities
The Marketing and Communications Manager will work closely with the teams to raise BSK’s brand visibility, manage the messaging for internal and external communication, and develop and manage the marketing and communications budget. This will require a cohesive, comprehensive marketing and communications strategy and subsequent execution.
- Work with Senior Management to formulate strategy to work with relevant stakeholders;
- Work with managers to understand their marketing and communications related challenges to be incorporated into strategy;
- Develop marketing, communication and brand standards guidelines to ensure uniform adoption of the brand;
- Conduct market research;
- Systematically monitor formal and informal broadcasts, print and social media for BSK coverage;
- Manage BSK’s communications externally through different forums;
- Manage media relations and coverage for increased brand visibility;
- Guide on event planning for all BSK events to enusre good customer experience and communication of key messages;
- Planning and implementation of promotional campaigns
- Continually guide and oversee the review of the BSK’S product offering to ensure they remain relevant;
- Develop and manage marketing budget
- Develop and manage the process of new product development/program development;
- Develop a process for customer feedback and set customer satisfaction index and continually improve on customer experience; and
- Manage team and departmental performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication or related degree (Master’s degree an added advantage) with additional qualifications in Marketing and/or Communications.
- Six (6) years‘ experience in marketing and communications for a non-governmental or church affiliated organization.
- Membership to a proffessional body.
- Commited christian.
- A track record of proven delivery, demonstrating both creative and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage projects with two or more stakeholders using a collaborative approach and ability to operate under pressure.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Budget management skills
- Relationship building and rapport skills
If you meet the requirements of this position ;submit your application with a detailed CV, stating current position, current salary, full contact details of three (3) referees and telephone contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org by
21st February 2017.
BSK will only process applications submitted through the online address above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.