The Bible Society of Kenya (BSK) is a nonsectarian, nondenominational organization that serves all Christian Churches, Christian Church Organizations and Christian Individuals by providing them with the Word of God. Our mandate is to share the Good News of Jesus Christ by Translating, Producing, Distributing and encouraging the use of Holy Scriptures.
To effectively serve our mandate and to ensure the consistent delivery of quality programs, we are looking for mature, dynamic and self-motivated individual(s) to fill the following position(s)
1. Head of Marketing & Distribution
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the successful candidate will be responsible for the effective management of the Society’s marketing, distribution, business development, research and PR functions. The principal duties of the position include:-
- Developing marketing & business plans in line with the strategic objectives;
- Implementing and evaluating the impact of marketing, sales and promotional activities;
- Ensuring that effective and efficient inventory management strategies and practices are in place;
- Continually reviewing the Society’s product mix to ensure relevance and competitiveness;
- Setting and reviewing customer satisfaction targets that deliver improved customer experience;
- A Masters degree in Business Administration or related field
- A Bachelors degree in Marketing or other business related subject
- Professional marketing and or sales qualification such as CIM, MSK
- Seven (7) years experience in a marketing and customer service role at a senior level within a service oriented organisation
- Membership to a Professional body such as MSK or PRSK
- Must be a born again Christian
Key Skills & Competencies
- A strategic thinker able to contribute at a senior level in addition to strong operational and delivery skills.
- Creative thinker, able to conceive unconventional solutions in support of rapid growth.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills to win the buy-in and support internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct research and to provide practical training in marketing strategies, methods and techniques to staff and other stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate and make presentations to special interest groups, development partners, stakeholders and the general public.
- Strong leadership and management skills to foster teamwork; develop and motivate staff, resolve conflicts as well as ability to provide direction, guidance, momentum and vision in order to achieve organizational objectives.
- Outstanding communication and presentational skills (written, oral, listening, influencing, coaching, strategic communication planning).
- Dynamic and high energy; able to perform well under deadline pressure.
2. Human Resources Manager
Responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing human capital and administration policies, strategies, systems and processes aligned to the strategic objectives and overseeing the welfare services such as, payroll preparation, provision of meals to staff and the education scheme aimed at enhancing organisational efficiency, raising staff morale and increasing productivity. The HR Manager will also be responsible for administration and staff welfare.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration with relevant higher degree in the Social Sciences focusing on the management and development of the workforce.
- Professional qualifications such as IHRM, KIM, IPS
- Membership to a relevant professional body such as IHRM or CIPD
- Five (5) years experience gained in a similar environment
- Must be a born again Christian
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong leadership skills including effective interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Proven track record and ability to manage change and interpersonal conflict
- Proficiency in computer applications including computerised HR information systems and other relevant software packages
- Ability to identify and clarify key underlying issues in employee problems and independently counsel staff on significant challenges facing the organisation, and negotiate resolutions to conflicts which seem to be at an impasse
- Ability to take personal responsibility for dealing with employee issues and concerns.
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in human capital development through continuing professional education programmes
3. Customer Relations & Administration Officer
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Marketing and Distribution and will:
· Play a crucial role in the development and implementation of the Society’s customer service policies, tools and service standards;
- Deal effectively with all customer issues and complaints, queries and requests for information, ensuring that each is resolved to the satisfaction of both parties in a cordial & timely manner;
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the Marketing and Distribution department.
- Carry out regular customer surveys in liaison with the Research Officer to determine customers’ perception and experience of service; implement relevant responses to such customer feedback.
- Organise and coordinate customer functions/events in liaison with relevant officers/managers.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly statistical reports as appropriate
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related subject.
- Training in customer care management.
- Minimum three (3) years customer service experience
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for service delivery and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to deal with both external and internal clients in a professional manner, developing solutions and communicating these across the organisation as efficiently as possible.
- Strong customer focus, analytical, attentive to detail, relationship building skills, planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent listening ability and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
If your background, experience, competence match the qualifications, please send your application, a detailed C.V, your current remuneration, testimonials, and give full contact details of 3 referees including day time telephone number to:
The General Secretary
Bible Society of Kenya
P.O. Box 72983 00200
So as to reach her not later than 27th May 2013
Please indicate your telephone number for the office, house and cell phone number.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted