Bible Society of Kenya held a successful 52nd National Annual General Meeting on March 25th, 2023, at CITAM Valley Road and virtually on zoom.
The National Annual General Meeting is held annually for BSK registered members where they come to interact, receive reports of performance for the previous year,elect Council members and get projections on the upcoming plans for the year.
The meeting was attended by members from different branches including Machakos, Bungoma, Kericho, Kakamega, Kisumu, Meru, Kiambu, Nyeri, Vihiga, and Nairobi branches.
The devotion was led by Canon Kistos Khisa, the Chairperson of Bungoma branch. The sermon was drawn from Romans 12 with an emphasis on verse 11 Zealous and Fervent in serving God, which highlighted how to share as we serve God. Highlights of the sermon were;
Paul is pleading with the Church in Rome to reflect on their lives to see if they are still walking with the Lord. BSK has provided a platform to reflect on God’s word by availing the Scriptures.
Members were encouraged not to conform to the patterns of the world but renew their minds/attitudes through reading the word of God. Canon emphasized that those in leadership should lead by example.
Paul identified the areas in which the church had failed.
- Prayer – Encouraged members to pray for BSK and its work to succeed and for our nation will be sanctified.
- Ministry- Encouraged members to support the BSK branches and help those in the community during the drought season.
- Members were encouraged to support those who are hurting due to various factors by sharing the word of God.
- Members were encouraged to pursue peace with everyone and to exercise truth and repentance(Nehemiah 9.3)
- Members were admonished to shun corruptions and things that are not right to produce good fruits.
The NAGM provided a chance for members to network and introduce the Council to the members. Members that have supported the translation work by giving towards translation of various chapters were also acknowledged and awarded certificates. Council Chairman Prof. Mumo Kisau thanked the Council members for their commitment to steering the mission of the Bible Society of Kenya to greater heights.
Prof. Mumo challenged the members to actively participate in implementing BSK work in different Counties so that BSK mission and programmes would have an impact the grassroots level.
New members were acknowledged and received their membership certificates from the General Secretary and the Council chairperson. We thank all the members that found time to attend the meeting physically and virtually.