We thank God for the successful monitoring and evaluation of the Faith Comes By Hearing program in Garissa and Tana River Counties from 3rd to 10th November 2021.
The monitoring was among the Somali, Borana, Orma, Giriama, and Watta people groups. The literacy levels in these communities are quite low, thus the audio Bibles come in handy to help people interact with God’s word.
Churches and missionaries in the two counties have greatly shaped the course of fellowships through regularly meeting the listening groups where they learn, discuss, and apply God’s word. Audio Bibles in different formats have become a pathway for many to know the Lord, and families getting transformed through healing, salvation, learning to forgive, respect, and honour God.
“Previously, we had to wait for a Pastor on Sunday to teach us what God’s Word says. After receiving an audio Bible, my group of eight women can listen to God’s word anytime. We meet, sing, pray and listen to the word especially in the morning hours before we go to fetch water.” Josephine Haribae.
“There’s a peace that comes when the word of God speaks the whole night. Sometimes, I carry the radio around the village to pray for the sick and help them hear a word of hope.” Nuru Thomas.
How can you pray?
- For Strong Foundation of the Faith for the believers among these people groups in Borana, Somali, Orma, Watta and Giryma.
- Pray for rains. The people in Tana River county are experiencing worst drought ever!
- Pray for God’s Word to keep spreading among the people in Garissa and Tana River.
- Pray for Christians going through persecution.
- Pray for our partners who tirelessly give their time to evangelize and disciple the new believers in such harsh conditions.
We are excited that the word of God is changing lives in these communities. Our prayer is that many souls will come to know Christ as they continue to interact with God’s word.